Blogs - Tutorials - Reviews

background

Pregnancy Update 19-22 Weeks

19-20 Weeks: 

I immediately stopped taking Zantac after realizing it was causing my insomnia, but unfortunately it was too late. I had brought myself into such a sleep deprived state that the next morning I experienced a Vagus Vagal nerve episode. My nerves were such a mess. I will have a separate post explaining what this is and my experience. It is very common and the risks of it are concussion or falling on your stomach. Basically when pressure is applied to this nerve it causes you to lose all muscle function. It felt like I was fainting, but I was fully conscious throughout the whole episode. I had been lying in bed that night and hadn't slept a wink. My legs were going nuts and I couldn't settle them. I got out of bed and immediately felt like I was going to vomit. I had cold sweats and felt weak in the knees, but of course I had to pee SO BAD I thought it was more important to pee than lay down. I sat on the toilet and relieved myself all the while the puking feeling turned into "I'm going to pass out" feeling so I yelled for my husband as loud as my lungs would let me. I knew I needed to get on the floor so I didn't hurt myself so I fell forward off the toilet onto my hands and that when I lost all muscle control. I heard, saw, and felt everything going on around me though. My husband flew out of bed, but he got so scared all he could do was ask if I was okay over and over again. The episode was quick and after about 30 seconds I was able to move my head up and down and signal that I was alive. It took about 15 minutes for me to get the strength to get up. I was admitted to the ER, but the doctor said I was absolutely fine and that he sees this all the time. I was given a bag of fluids and sent home.

I was supposed to have my gender scan this day, but we had to cancel and wait a whole week before we found out. Good news, I received my Hypnobabies birthing program in the mail and started to first of 5 lessons. I already LOVE it. It is so relaxing! I will make a full review once I've used it for labor and delivery.

21-22 Weeks: 

I haven't had any of those vagus symptoms since the first time I had them. We found out that it's a baby girl and she is just as active as ever! All of her measurements are on track and she is negative for all birth defects and diseases so far. I am starting to feel her kick in my ribs and it hurts! On a scale of 1-10 the pain is about a 5 so it's more uncomfortable than painful. My husband is just now able to feel her kick and within the past week her movements went from "Was that her kicking?" to "Whoa that was strong!" I'm so happy he can feel her now. It's reassuring for me to feel her and I have been for weeks, but now he can have the reassuring feeling too. I'm finally falling into a sleep routine again. Oh, and I'm officially in my maternity pants and there is no doubting my pooch is a full on baby bump and I'm getting stares from strangers! I have the "waddle," which I like to call swag. I hit my bump on everything though, counters, chairs, beds. I'm not used to being so convex!

I am practicing Hypnobabies every night to help me practice meditation for labor and delivery. I have fallen asleep a few times in practice! It has really helped me get into my sleep patterns. It's also helping me to keep track of my diet and ensuring I'm consuming enough protein. It's not just a birthing tool! I will do a full review once I've used it in labor and delivery.

My registry is finished! My mother and sister will be sending out invitations for my shower within the next week. My grandma already got me my DREAM stroller. It is the Graco Modes Sports Click Connect Travel System. Of course I've already set it up! I can't wait to utilize all of its features. I will certainly do a review once I've put it to use.


That's it for now, what were your best 2nd trimester experiences?

Post a Comment